Fw: 24Ghz Gunns

----- Original Message -----
From: "Murray Peterson VK2KGM" <vk2kgm@ihug.com.au>
To: "James French W8ISS" <w8iss@home.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2001 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] 24Ghz Gunns

I have tried to use a gunn oscillator in a narrow band FM receiver at 10.4
GHz and I could not keep it tuned for more than a few seconds before it
would drift off frequency (this test was inside a building). I suspect the
phase noise would be likewise, unuseable.

 At 24GHz I would suspect that the drift would be more than two times worse.
At 24GHz stability can be difficult with frequency multipliers which are
referenced to extreamly stable crystal oscillators.

Murray Peterson
VK2KGM