Re: 24Ghz Gunns

In a message dated 12/28/01 5:08:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, w8iss@home.com
writes:

> Just wondering what the possibility of using the 24Ghz Gunns that
>  SHFmicro supplies would be for use for AO-40?
>
>  http://shfmicro.com/gunn.htm

James,

I've used these SHF 24 G gunns for WBFM work. 5 mw and 17 dBi horn will
easily work 5 miles or better depending on path. (been there, done that).
With a gunn, stability and sensitivity are issues (especially above 10 G).

On the stability side, there was an article in the Jan 1990 issue of
VHFCommunications by ZL1TBG on injection locking 10 GHz gunns for increased
frequency stability. I have not had the time to tinker with this method.
Anyone else??

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649