RE: Oscarlocator

Hi William!

This little help to predict satellites without an computer is in one ofe the
issues of 'Theqq Satellite Experimenter's Handbook' by Martin Davidoff,
K2UBC. The ISBN is 0-87259-004-6 by ARRL. I think you can get it from an
national AMSAT organisation like A-DL or A-UK here in Europe.
The appendix B (in my issue from 1984 .... ;-)) ) the principle of the
Oscarlocator is described as well as you find some overlays for the
satellites you want to work.
The only need to work with it, is to know the time of the ascending nodes of
the satellites (EQX - equator crossings northbound).

So, with a bunch of precalculated EQX's of several satellites (also P3-style)
you will be able to determine the time of sights in any location you are.

I have found an very early brochure from AMSAT-DL about '.....everything
about OSCAR-8....'
Inside is a description of the Oscarlocator for AO-8 and the overlays to use
it. When you can read german and want this brochure, I will copy it and send
it to you. If it is OK give me a short note and your snail-mail adress.

--
73 de Wolf, OE7FTJ

PacketRadio: 	oe7ftj@oe7xbb.aut.eu
Internet:		oe7ftj@gmx.at