RE: USB Question

Hello Butch

> For the life of me I haven't been able to get this software to
> see the TNC via the USB port and the above USB interface equipment.

My question to you is... what OS [Win9x/WinME/Win2K/WinXP] and software are
you using?

I'm guessing you're running some software in DOS compatibility mode.

Depending on the OS there may be a number of answers... and it may be a
tough nut to crack (been there, done that...).

Win9x/WinME emulates the port for DOS programs for USB serial adapters, so
what appears in the device's resources list will not be what the DOS program
will see (for COM3, try the standard combination IRQ4 and IO port 0x3E8 if
it asks for an IO port address).

I gave up trying to get DOS programs to see USB serial ports as the OS
chooses a new set of ports resources every time you plug the darned thing in
or even reboot the computer. Instead I purchased one of those eight port
serial cards.

I have a couple of different serial USB adapters so if you let me know the
OS and program you're trying to use I can try out a way of making it work
for you.

73 Howard G6LVB