Re: USB Question

The fact that the program will let you input the actual IRQ tells me that
"KaGold" accesses the serial port directly. Most of the software currently
developed for widows lets the operating system handle device requests.
Prior to the current generation of windows, program developers had to
incorporate there own device support. However with Microsoft "Plug & Pray"
operating systems, system developers can simply let the operating system
handle the device requests.  The problem is with devices such as USB
converters that can only be accessed by programs that use the operating
system for device requests.

As for imputing the IRQ for the USB adapter, this shouldn't work because
unlike a "REAL" serial port, all the devices your USB port share the same
IRQ (including devices on the USB hub).

My advice is if one of you other seral devices will operate on USB then
move it and put your tnc on a "REAL" serial port.

Dose this make any cents??

73's de WO5M

--
Randy Mclean