RE: Local Noise on 2.4 GHZ

I got one about a month ago and it is weak on the B side.  For me to get
the WWV I've had to disable the internal bar antenna and at times, I've
had to hook up an external (not the rubber duck) antenna.  I've also had
problems that when both the A and B are scanning and lock up on the same
channel AND the balance is equal to both A and B, volume is halved.
Otherwise, it is a great little radio.  I used it to monitor
communications while waiting for the STS-108 launch (unfortunately I
couldn't stay for it after the delay.)

All in all, it is a great little radio that I've used to replace my
Yaesu VX5R (which got broken on the above trip!)

Seasons Greetings, et. Al. (whoever Al is!)
Les
kd4sfd