Kenwood TH-F6 deaf?

Hi all,

Santa (bless him) brought me a new HT, the Kenwood TH-F6.  I seem
to recall it being mentioned by several BB readers, and want to
compare notes.

It seems that the "B" side of the radio is rather deaf.  The specs
in the manual do indicate it not being quite as sensitive as the "A"
side, but the reality on mine seems worse than the numbers would
suggest.  The radio does work - AM/FM/TV come in fine, but I have
yet to hear anything beyond the faintest signal on HF, using either
the bar antenna or the supplied whip (bar was better).  Even WWV
is not to be heard, night or day, on any of the bands.

Is it just my rig, or are they all like this?

73s, and Happy Holidays,

Greg  KO6TH