Re: Where OSCARLATOR ?

I've given your post some thought and I think that it wouldnt be all that
"hard" to do.  The satellite has trivial inclination so what it would strike
me that such a tracking device would look like is a identical shaped curve
above and below the equator.  The curve is smallest in area at perigee and
largest at apogee and then goes back down to perigee.  Then all you would
have to do is mark the thing off in hour time ticks.  Have to think about
the next step but just sort of thinking aloud then all you would have to
know is the longitude that it hit perigee at (and the time), place the start
of the curves there and then you have the track.

This is just bote thinking so there could likely be some flaws there...

Robert

>From: "William Leijenaar" <pe1rah@hotmail.com>
>To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: [amsat-bb] Where OSCARLATOR ?
>Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 00:32:13 +0100
>
>Hello amsats,
>
>I am cery interresting in the "old" OSCARLATOR system.
>Is it still available ? Or can I find somewhere copies of it ?
>
>I have not the satellite handbook, and I guess I need an old handbook to
>find it, so it is again some lost technology (like 1200BPSK modem)
>
>I think the plastic overlays can be made myself. I could use some modern
>computer program to check it .-)
>The polar map is one of the biggest problem.
>
>Maybe someone has an idea,
>
>73 de PE1RAH, William
>---

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX