Re: Local Noise on 2.4 GHZ

On Tuesday 25 December 2001 12:24 pm, Steve Jepsen wrote:
> Just for my own information. What can we do about interference on 2.4ghz?
>
> I expect this problem to get much worse very quickly now that wireless lan
> equipment is getting less expensive.
>
> Does anyone have any success stories in dealing with interference to the
> AO40 downlink frequencies?
>
> Steve.. AI7W

If I understand the Part 15 rules correctly, any harmful interference that
they either suffer or cause to a licensed service must be corrected at their
end. However, I have no knowledge of this "technicality" every being enforced
by the FCC. It could be a rule with no teeth.

I have had two 2.4 gig Part 15 devices in my home:

1: 2.4 gig wireless ineternet to a place 3.7 miles away. Outside, high gain
antenna (in fact it is the antenna I now use for Rx AO-40 now, a 39"
HyperLink Tech BBQ dish, horizontal polarization)

2: Wavecom 2.4 gig wireless audio video sender.

Neither interfered with AO-40 that I could tell, but the Internet connection
periodically tore up my video receiver on the same band.

The internet was spread spectrum. The Wavecom video/audio sender is not. I
still use it.

Hope this helps and maybe someone knows of some enforcement.

73

--
hasan schiers, N0AN
schiers@netins.net