Re: Repeators in Space

At 12:46 24/12/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello Steve.
>
>Happy Holidays.
>
>Since Radio waves travel at the speed of light there really is no way to
>make them go faster because current scientific theory is that nothing can
>go faster then the speed of light.  Now there is some interesting physics
>theory being worked on which might "change" that but at least for our
>science and certianly for our technology thats one of the things that we
>are stuck with.
>
><VERY LARGE SNIP>

If a transmitter was on an object that was travelling at the speed of
light, would radio waves be travelling at twice the speed of light in
front, ( speed of vehicle + speed of light ) and be standing still behind
the vehicle ( speed of vehicle - speed of light) ? OK speed of light travel
is impossible ( they said that about landing a man on the moon! ) but it
makes for a good puzzle, infinite doppler?, behind the vehicle the
frequency minus Doppler would be DC. also, how would one contact such a
vehicle, any radio waves could never catch up with it.

      G4DMF  QTHR   IO93ha
      Amsat-UK Member 5372
          g4dmf@amsat.org
        g4dmf@g4dmf.co.uk