Re: AO-40 current ALON/ALAT

On 24 Dec 2001, Jonathan NAYLOR wrote:

> Hi Joe
>
> I did that with mtrack and sure enough the squint values it gave me were
> much more reasonable.
------------snip------------
Hi Jonathan, Gary and the group.  Best Christmas and Holidays to all!
Regarding the squint problem with IT and Quiktrak, I found these values
when entered in the order given here work fairly well:
For a compromise December value of Along of 330 and Alat of -10.7
Instantrack ver 1.5	    enter -10.7,150
Instantrack ver 1.51	    enter 150/ -10.7+Z
Quiktrak		    enter Blat-10.7, Blong 150

It is unfortunate that if Blat of + or - 10.7 is entered into Quiktrak,
the resulting Squint is very similar.  Be careful of this!
Cliff K7RR