Old (without PC) tracking ?

Hi all,

I am looking for some way to predict satellite passes without use of an
computer system. I have read about some system that worked with pen, paper
(map) and ruler. It has been used before the time of the fast computers, but
unfortunatly this was long time before I started with my raio hobby.

I don't need very accurate tracking. It is only for my portable satellite
station with handheld antenna :-)
I guess it must be possible, with some less accurate, but easy to calculate
formulas.

I am looking forward to any replies...

73, Merry X-mas and Happy 2002...
PE1RAH, William