Re: AO-40 current ALON/ALAT

Mike,
Conditions under the new ALON/ALAT are about what Stacey predicted--good
shortly after perigee.  Yesterday I noticed the signals on both U-uplink and
S-downlink peaked for me between MA=50 and MA=70.  In fact, some of the
stronger US, OZ, and DL stations were a solid 58 or 59 signal report here,
compared to some difficult copy just an hour before at MA=35.  And I was
tripping LEILA, a rare occurrence with my small antennas.  Although the
squint was barely under 15 degrees for me, the range was less than 45,000
km--making a BIG difference.

Since AO-40 repeats somewhat every 4 days, look for similar good conditions
this Thursday between 1500 and 1730 UTC.
73 & Happy Holidays,
Jerry, K5OE