RE: AO40RCV Rig Control Help

Murray,
I am using the same interface and it works well. I drive PCB relays which in
turn close the up or down contacts on the mic of my Yaesu FT-100D.
Be sure on the "rig control" menu that you have it set:
"Auto Rate Control" On
"Upper Sideband" selected
"Desired Center Freq:" 1800 cps
"Step Size:" 60 (If you set your rig for 50cps increments)
"Use RTS/DTR" selected
 Place a VOM on pins 4 and later 7 and 5(Ground
Start the program when AO40 is up. Place the center point of the modulation
envelope just under the word"Help".
Watch the VOM. You should see the volt meter go from -20v to 0 when the
"Reading Block" bar gets to 100% and the window says "CRC Ok" or "CRC Bad".
That is the only time the Up/DN commands are issued.
If you get the voltage swing, the CPU is OK. Then you can look at the output
of the interface module you made. You should see the same sort of response.
Good luck. It is a feature that works well  even at perigee.
73
Gunther Meisse
W8GSM
AMSAT LM: 594