Re: YAESU

In Yaesu's defense, I offer my own story...

I had one of the (many) problems associated with the early versions of the FT-100 in 2000.  My problem dealt with the high-temperature de-sense of the receiver (common malady in early FT-100's).  Chip, and his fellow Yaesu support crew, diagnosed my problem via email (from Russia, which allowed me to implement a temporary take-the-cover-off-and-put-on-a-fan fix for the IARU HF contest in summer 2000) and when I sent the rig in for warranty service, they fixed it and returned it to my home W5 address in 2 weeks time (round trip).

I currently have a semi-new rig at brand K for a combination of warranty repair and 1.2 GHz upgrade.  It took them two weeks to even look at the rig and another week to fix/upgrade it (after repeated calls).  Considering the Holidays, I will be lucky to get it back in 4 weeks, completely missing the satellite operation during the Christmas break in Europe and NA, just in time for the diminished operations on AO-40 :-(
73,
Jerry, K5OE