RE: [aprssig] RF exposure limits!

Sorry, some of readers appear to have missinterpreted my post about solar
radiation...

> A rather simplistic comment Bob.... and dangerously misleading for those who
> might not realise you were just being sarcastic...  Skin Cancer is an
> all too common result of exposure to that nuclear furnace that you just
> trivialized...

I am (was) a red head and have two red head kids with light complexions
and my father has lots of skin cancer on his bald head.  I am and have
been all my life very well aware of the dangers of sun exposure.  and  I
wasn't  being sarcastic at all.

> ... However, deep tissue exposure - due to close proximity to RF is
> what the Government exposure standards are addressing...  ... and less
> you misunderstand that issue too, our average [radar] power was less
> than a couple of living room light bulbs ... but our peak power would
> kill a half kilometer away under very special conditions...
>
> ...I think you are not only out of line on this one...  you are
> dangerously out of line... because of how you just trivialized a very
> serious issue....
>
> I acknowledge the fact that the common media often oversimplifies serious
> issues while on the other hand uses scare tactics to overdramatize truely
> trivial issues...  but this is not a trivial topic....
>
> I'd also suggest when you quote studies in the future.... that you
> reference the study.... or URL...

No study.  Its common knowldege that the sun is 1000W per square meter and
the ARRL license manual shows the exposure limit is 1 mw per square
centimeter up to 100 GHz.  But I never said the two were related, only
indicated how people can missinterpret things... as apparently some
readers on this sig just did...

de WB4APR, Bob