Re: yaesu

I had a similar experience with an elevation rotor.  They recommended
replacing the as motor at a cost exceeding the cost of a new rotor.
Needless to say I declined the repair and paid to return the rotor.  After I
finally was able to open the rotor, I replaced a spring ( 25 cents at the
local hardware store ) and have been using the rotor ever since,  for ca. 4
years.

I also must mention that I have had many successful repair transactions with
their tech support.  I think we often expect too much.  Usually we return
for service items as a last resort.  Unable or unwilling to effect repairs
ourselves we expect perfection from the manufacturers.  Ever sent a color TV
back for repair?  Not recently I expect.  Trouble shooting of sophisticated
equipment is a very demanding endeveaur.  Lets give them a little slack.
Where would we be without them?

Best regards

Ken - K5GUU