Re: yaesu

Sorry for the size of this reply. I was having problems with my FT-8100
(lights out as explained below) and wrote for help. The response and my
email follows. From their email, I replied, "Does this mean you have no
further ideas", to which I got no reply.

I finally sent it in October 18, 2001, and, even though I have called on
11-14-01, 11-30-01, 12-5-01, 12-17-01 and the latest 12-19-01, I have yet to
receive an estimate to replace the lamps in the display (they appeared to be
surface mount and I did not want to mess with it). I have been told each
time that they have sent a message to the supervisor to put a rush on it.
They have not proved it by me.

The reply to my original message (also below):
The Address to send repairs is:

YAESU USA
17210 Edwards rd.
Cerritos, Ca.  90703.

Please include a note describing the problem you are having with the radio,
and or accessories, along with a daytime phone number for us to contact you
for an estimate if you wish to have an estimate done to your radio before
the radio is worked on, and a method of payment for services rendered.

If your radio is covered under the 1-year warranty, please include a copy of
the origional sales receipt along with the radio that needs repair.

If your radio is not covered under the 1-year warranty, we can inspect your
radio and give you an estimate for the repair, there will be a $15.00 bench
charge to do this service, If Yaesu does the repair, and the $15.00 charge
is waved. The repair rates at this time are $50.00 per hour plus parts and
return shipping back to you. There is a 30 day repair warranty for non
warranty repairs.

The normal method of return shipping is using UPS, if you would like to have
an alternative company do so such as FED-EX, or USPS, you will pay the
difference.

If the radio is covered under warranty, Yaesu pays for the return shipping
using UPS.

THERE IS NO RMA number needed for sending in the radio for service.

To ship the items in for service, you will need to double box your radio to
prevent damage during shipping, and insure the equipment for the replacement
value just in case there is a problem during shipping

Best Regards
73,
Andy Ormonde,KB6OPR
YAESU USA Service Center