Mystery effect

Greetings All,

Just thinking about the ongoing "mystery effect"...how persistant it is.  I
have a theory about what it could be and how to test the theory during the
coming weeks of changing spacecraft orientation.

Have you ever seen one of those little solar novelty toys consisting of
diamond shaped paddles on a pinwheel balanced on a needle, and all contained
inside a vacuum bottle the size of a 100 watt bulb??  When you bring a
strong light source near the device, the paddles (black on one side and
white on the other) begin to spin.  I'm not really sure how it works...I
suspect it has something to do with heat absorption.  My point is that if
one (or more) of the panels on the spacecraft were blown open and as a
result, positioned such that the flat-black paint on the interior was
catching full sun--it may be possible to experience the same pinwheel
effect.

This could be tested by carefully measuring any changes in the "mystery
effect" force with the widely varying ALON/ALAT over the next period.  And,
if we know the position of the spacecraft relative to the sun, we may even
be able to tell where and predict the extent of damage to the "skin" of the
S/C.

Just a crazy theory, but, what the hey?  Why not put it to the test?

Cheers,

Greg
SM/KF4BWQ