Re: Apollo 8 (was: Re: New pictures from SCOPE on AO-40)

In addition to the site mentioned by Jim and Laura, check out
this NASA site called ASTRO PICTURE OF THE DAY:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
After the introduction page, which is well worth pausing to
appreciate (700K), click on ARCHIVES.  Then scroll down to
Dec 25 1995 titled "earthrise"  It is a copy of the very view
of Dec 29 1968.  There is a full text explanation of the
circumstances under which the picture was taken..  Cliff K7RR