Re: Drake 2880 crystal

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, someone wrote:

> Howdy  Crystal for 2880 is  8.8125 MHz, HC-49/U, 24pF load capacitance, 10
> ppm grade.  Jan Crystals  1-800-jan-xtals.  costs is $22.50.

Now, 3 years later, I have 3 extras.

Now when I opened the envelope to finally do the mods, I found that I have
5 Xtals instead of the two that I need.  SO if anyone needs an 8.125 MHz
XTAL, I have a few that I will sell for $10 each (Including shipping).

These are the larger ones, but all you do is bend it over ontop
of the chip and by running its leads through the holes by the chip instead
of the origial holes, the lead length is even shorter than the orignial
and it puts the XTAL out of the way of the trimmer cap.  Perfectly good
mod...    THese are for the 144 MHz IF.

Bob Bruninga
115 old farm ct
Glen Burnie, MD 21060