RE: Satellite Rig Recommendations

Mike,
If you could find one, the ICOM IC-970 is the best satellite rig out
there and the only (production) quad-band all-mode in the world. I have
one (#636) and it does 9600 baud just fine.  However, I've pros and cons
on the IC-910 (many more pros though) and quite a few negs for the
FT-847 from Yaesu, which is too bad. Kenwood had the TS-790 which was
another good rig that could be a tri-band all-mode. The FT-736 rigs can
be found around for a somewhat reasonable price. There's more 736's (and
726's) because of their popularity. Once again, a very good tri-bander.
Bottom line is that whatever rig you find  will do a great job for you,
if you buy a rig that hasn't been mistreated. Caveat Emptor! Good luck
and I'll be looking for you on the birds.

--
73 DE JEFF W8JSA