Re: AO-40 orbit 519

Hello René

I found conditions on AO-40 to be very challenging at the weekend, it may
have been because of the squint angle (not to self, bug in squint
calculations in mtrack). Whatever the reason I and many others seemed to
need much higher powers on the uplink to make ourselves heard. Under
such conditions it is possible many were put off from operating.

I tried the L uplink for the first time on Sunday and found that my
return signal was weak, that was with 100 Watts to a 26 element
vertically polarised yagi. I presume the L uplink is not normally
this difficult to use ?

I agree that activity in the US is very low compared to EU. Is it because
in EU we have a stronger tradition of microwave operating ?

Jonathan  G4KLX / HB9DRD

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont
confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite.
Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales déclinent toute responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié.

				********

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.