Re: frequency jumps while listening to AO-40??

Lee wrote:

> It sounds like the magnetorquers were on.  The frequency shift you describe
> is common when the attitude is being changed which would be near the perigee
> part of the pass.  If you are decoding the beacon you can look at the Magnet
> System status on the AO40RCV status page or Magnet Pwr and Magnet Sys on the
> Nav page.  If you didn't copy the tlm blocks yourself you can check the tlm
> archive in a few days to see if someone else copied the data during the
> period in question.

Except it was no where near perigee.  I was noticing it from MA 146 to about
180, and Roger said the changes stopped at MA 220.  As to copying the telemetry,
I was copying it, and although I was getting mostly good blocks, AO40RCV was not
updating the displayed information.  This occured both while receiving the
telemetry live, and also when playing it back from disk file.

Jim Walls - K6CCC
626-302-8515    FAX  626-302-7501
AMSAT member 32537 / WSWSS member 395