A Question Concerning Feed Blockage

The simplified method of calculating feed blockage loss for a center
feed dish is to subtract the area of the feed and support struts from
the dish aperture and use the resultant aperture to calculate gain. I
believe this calculation is valid for a uniformly illuminated dish
but would not be valid for dishes with cosine, gaussian or other
aperture distributions. If my assumption is correct, can anyone
provide a formula to calculate feed blockage for dish with a 15 dB
edge taper?

Thanks in advance,

Gene Marcus W3PM GM4YRE