Re: Conifer Downconverter ID

Lonnie,

    Conifer has been purchased by Andrews (the heliax people).  They made
two of these MDP and MDPLN.  The LN is for Low Noise.

MDS Channel 1  =  2150-2156 MHz
MDS Channel 2  =  2156-2162 MHz
MDS Channel 2A  =  2156-2160 MHz

Channel 2 = 54-60 MHz

Here are the  Specs for both.

                            MDP            MDPLN
Noise Figure         4.5 dB            2.8dB
Stability                +/-.005%  -40 to 140   deg F
Gain                    22db Typ        34 dB Typ
Input  50 Ohm 'N' Connector
Output 75 Ohm "F' Connector

    There is a test Jack ('F' connector with a colar around it) that is 25
dB below the output jack.  Power is supplied via output connector.

    This downconverter could probably be modified, but it would probably
also need a preamp or some interesting filters to improve the noise figure.

    My guess would be 2150 MHz  in yields 54 MHz out.

     I hope this helps.  I am selling something similar (with the data
sheet) on eBay.  An old project I didn't complete.

73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org