Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:32:49 -0000

Hi all, I have just received a KUHNE MKU24 Downconverter this weekend. I
received AO40 S2 middle beacon on 145.304 MHz where I expected it to be
on 145.323MHz. I know there is doppler shift to take into account but
should be that far off frequency or is it my local oscillator in the
downconverter ? My initial setup is FT847 with MKU24 downconverter and
20 turn helix. I will make a 5 turn helix tomorrow and put this on a 1M
dish to get a bit more gain. The signal on the S meter was S4 with S1 of
noise. The temp is 2 degrees in the sunlounge so maybe that is the
reason for the frequency offset. Can anyone tell me if there will be any
beacons running this Sunday 16/12/01 and am I correct in thinking that
only the S2 transponder is turned on or working ? . Im hoping to get my
receive working a use the bird before the maintenance is carried out on
it in the next few weeks. Sorry for my ignorance. 73s
Darren G4VTQ