EME transmissions from Bologna

Hello All,
interesting discussion recently on dishes, L-band, feeds, S-units etc.

Jonathan..... 13-Dec-2001
With a 2m dish on L-band you are not far from being able to work some of
the bigger EME
stations provided you have 100W or more. As an aside I used to use 30W to a
1.4m dish to
access mode L on AO-13.

I8CVS...... 27-Nov-2001
The Marconi memorial station IY4FGM on HF and, exceptionally, IY4FGM/4
on 23 cm EME will honour the day long scheduled ham session.
MOON BOUNCING on 23 cm, during the whole local window, will be perfor-
med through the 32 m VLBI dish of the Bologna radio astronomy observa-
tory.

My question is:
Did anyone else listen for - and hear anything of - the Bologna group on EME
during the Marconi day celebrations ?
I listened for the entire 3 hour mutual window and heard nothing.
My setup can hear 3 - 5 db of Sun noise.
I used to hear the Algonquin group OK when they did such tests from a 35m dish.
I think I should have been able to hear Bologna.
I also tried their email address for tech info but my ISP was unable
resolve the address.
I wonder if the transmissions went ahead.

Bill...vk3jt
Milawa
Australia
Sent using Eudora 5.1