Re: Inquiry

> Does anyone here know of a web site that will provide typical operating
> voltages, etc. for various CRTs.  I have a Samsung monitor that has a
> very
> dim display and I suspect low screen or heater voltages.  I don't have a
> reference for CRT specifications.

Dim CRT is one of two things, usually: 1) low G2/screen voltage, usually
adjustable on a pot on the flyback, or 2) low cathode emissivity in the
CRT.  Low screen voltage can be fixed by adjusting the screen pot (be
sure to use an insulated screwdriver, and adjust 'SCREEN' rather than
'FOCUS' ..) but if you turn the screen voltage up and get retrace lines
in the raster, the CRT's cathodes are gone and the CRT is generally not
salvageable.  If the focus control causes major changes in brightness,
there is an internal short in the CRT and once again the CRT is probably
junk.

Used to have a job fixing the things, is how I know .. ;-)