Re: AO-40 70cm antenna side lobes?

Wow, my name in actual print....kind of.
Greg, FWIW:
I could hear myself very well as well.  For reference:
	Uplink 9el v-pol yagi with about 40W delivered to antenna.  Don't
recall what I was running at the time but it wasn't full tilt.  U-band,
no L just yet.
	Downlink 2' solid dish, 2-1/4 turn helix feed, DEMI d/c.
Don't know if you tried calling in CW...as I mentioned on the air, I
could just barely barely make out that someone was calling.  But several
CW tuning swishes were very loud; don't know if you were one of them.
So...if you were one of them, perhaps your audio levels are way
down/undermodulated?
The squint wasn't too awful, around 12-15 degrees or so?  I would think
the U-band antenna would be significantly lower gain/higher beamwidth
such that squint wouldn't affect it as much.