VI1GM satelliet - thanks

Thanks to all those who TRIED to hear us on AO-40 today.

The 4.5m dish worked a treat, right until it over-extended the elevation
jack when I commanded it from 11 back to 45 degrees when AO-40 was setting
over our eastern horizon.

I was perplexed by how to get MORE signal out on 435 until I placed a
plastic-coated metal mesh correspondence tray at 1/4 wave behind the dipole
antenna (!) supplied by the University as the uplink antenna. This helped
the (measured) 80W to get into the satellite with a bigger signal...

We had lots of groups of people through.

Thanks for your perserverence and acceptance. It was a great day for Radio.

Peter
VK1KEP
Operator of VI1GM satellite station
also, publicity person for VK1