Info on DAC0800 chip needed

Phil,

If you have the data sheet, you have all the information that
is available for this chip except for any possible application
notes, which don't really tell you any more about the chip. The complementary outputs
will not combine to provide the resolution
you need. What I think you need is a 12 bit or even a 16 bit chip instead of the 8 bit
part you're using. The reference voltage
for the 12 bit part should be more accurate than the 8 bit one too.

Best solution: Call National's applications hot line if they still
have one. If not then try Texas Instruments. I believe they make
the same chip and some better ones with similar pinouts.

If you can get a copy of the National Data Book, you should see some
app notes on A/D chips which would tell you how to get the resolution
you need. If you can't get a Data Book, I'll try to find an old
copy around the house. I have a collection of old data books from
several chip manufactures saved from before I retired.

Ken  K5MBV  Dallas, TX