Noise with MKU24

I need  help from somebody who has the same converter.
Are other converters doing the same thing ??????

I have a MKU24 downconverter.
I set the gain when there is no antenna attached to show S1
noise level on the S meter.

When I attach the unwired N type connector (new) to the converter's input
I'm reading an S4 noise level.

Noise increases approximately by 3 S units just by attaching the bare N type

Of course it works, I can hear stations , but I suspect I may be loosing a
few S units because of some kind of parasitic oscilation....

I'm getting the same noise increase when I connect G3RUH patch feed to the
this I may be able to explain....the area is noisy, but I don't understand
I'm getting such a big noise increase just by attaching a bare N type
connector to the converter's input. And why is the noise increase the same
in both cases?

Gedas (kc8ium)
Hi Gedas,
I've read your inquiry and have asked Michael, DB6NT if something
is wrong with your converter. He replied that nothing is wrong. As long as
the insput does not see a correct load it will create that noise. It's juts
an incorrect impedance match. So don't worry.
Reinhard (aka René)