More: Canberra-world on AO-40 - 12DEC01 Marconi Day

More to my last... under...

Please understand that:

(1) We are part of a Marconi Day 'open house' for visitors at the University
of Canberra;

(2) The operators will be a mix of lecturers, students, blow-ins who have
only seen and never operated the equipment;

(3) The 4.5m dish is not directly linked to a tracking program, so we are
hand-controlling through its control head;

VI1GM will be on:
- from ~0001 till~1000 or 1100UTC 12DEC01
- '2401 beacon up to .400';
- concentrating on the quarter hours (00/15/30/45),
as this will allow several minutes of frenetic activity before then pointing
the 4.5m dish and then hopefully a happy few minutes of contacts before the
inevitable crowd reconfigures itself for the next contact.

We have several skeds, but will concentrate on eastern-most stations that
will be rising for us then having AO-40 setting for them. For example, we
will be trying for Clare VE3NPC in Ottawa, with whom the window of
opportunity - and the angles above the horizon - are small!

HF??? Just listen out!

Best wishes to you all.

Peter
VK1KEP