From: "Robert Sondack" <Robert.Sondack@cstjean.qc.ca>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 9:30 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-40

        Hi everybody,

        I just completed a 2.4gHz antenna consisting of a 30 inch dish feed
with a 2.5 turns helix.The antenna is connected to a DRAKE 2880 converter
without a preampli.and modified to increase the gain on 122 mHz.I have tried
several time to copy AO40 without succes.Is it normal?and should I copy at
leats the beacon?The antenna was tested for illumination and show a good
increase at focal point point and tests on space and ground shows a
difference off about 2 dBm.If this is normal without a preamp.What
preamp.could you suggest me.

             Thanks in advance,

              Robert Sondack,VE2ASL

               rsondac@cstjean.qc.ca