Re: VE8BY Beacon

Hi Doug,

The ARRL is publishing "  THE ARRL WORLD GRID LOCATER ATLAS "  for years.
It lists every single grid in the world. Shows the maps where they are
located. Has an extensive listing of cities
and other helpful information. Explains in detail the need for a unified
system and it's history.  Included in the  atlas
is a short computer program that you can copy,  with wich you can
calculate  Lat / Lon  Bearing and Distance.
THAT ATLAS BEATS ANY COMPUTER BASED PROGRAM THAT I HAVE SEEN ANYWHERE.
That atlas was an enormous help to me sorting out US cards not bearing
grid info in the early oscar days or on VHF/UHF.

Walter,  NQ2O     WORRLD WIDE LOCATOR  ( GRID )   FN 13 CH