AO-40

        Hi everybody,

        I just completed a 2.4gHz antenna consisting of a 30 inch dish feed with a 2.5 turns helix.The antenna is connected to a DRAKE 2880 converter without a preampli.and modified to increase the gain on 122 mHz.I have tried several time to copy AO40 without succes.Is it normal?and should I copy at leats the beacon?The antenna was tested for illumination and show a good increase at focal point point and tests on space and ground shows a difference off about 2 dBm.If this is normal without a preamp.What preamp.could you suggest me.

             Thanks in advance,

              Robert Sondack,VE2ASL

               rsondac@cstjean.qc.ca