RE: Re: Yaesu FT-817

> I have one of these excellent little radios and I do work
> some satelites with
> it. The user manual shows how to setup five memories for UO14
> operation. So,
> that clearly contradicts what the tech told you.

I am led to believe the 817 will do crossband split mode.

> Even so, I don't work any satelites in half duplex mode; I
> have a second and
> much older radio as well. It is pretty obvious when people

I prefer to work full duplex as well, but have successfully worked half
duplex.

> try to work half
> duplex; they call but never seem to receive.

Or it's a relatively inexperienced operator who doesn't know that they
should be hearing themselves on the downlink. :)  Get those all the time on
UO-14 - if I can find their email address on QRZ, I am happy to pop them a
note letting them know their situation and offering a few pointers. :)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for viruses