Re: Re: Yaesu FT-817

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001 06:47, Don DeJarnette wrote:
> I called Yaesu concerning satellite operation of the FT-817. They connected
> me to a tech who claimed to be familiar with satellite operation. He told
> me that the FT-817 was NOT capable of satellite operation. I specifically
> asked him about full duplex operation, the ability to store crossband
> frequency pairs (half duplex) and cross banding on dual VFO's. He said NO
> to all three.

I have one of these excellent little radios and I do work some satelites with
it. The user manual shows how to setup five memories for UO14 operation. So,
that clearly contradicts what the tech told you.

Even so, I don't work any satelites in half duplex mode; I have a second and
much older radio as well. It is pretty obvious when people try to work half
duplex; they call but never seem to receive.

--
Regards,
Phil