A Cheap 2.4GHz Signal Source

Greetings to All,

After comparing my AO-40 reception on S-Band with other stations, I realized
that I needed to re-optimize the helix feed of my offset dish. To accomplish
this, I needed a light, battery operated source of 2.4GHz RF that could be
fasten to a tree or telephone pole 100+ feet away. I did not have the
courage to bring out my klystron generator!

I came up with the simplest possible circuit, no PCB, and for 3$ and a few
parts from my junk bins.

I invite you to see it for yourself at: http://www3.sympatico.ca/b.zauhar

With this source, repositioning the feedpoint was a snap. Weather permiting,
I will verify if I am under-illuminating the dish.

If you have any comments, make sure you respond to my email address direct,
as I subscribe to amsat-bb in digest mode and will only read them the next
day. Or simply leave me a note via my web site.

Regards,

Bert, VE2ZAZ
Aylmer, Qc, Canada