MKU24

Hi,

I need  help from somebody who has the same converter.
Are other converters doing the same thing ??????

I have a MKU24 downconverter.
I set the gain when there is no antenna attached to show S1
noise level on the S meter.

When I attach the unwired N type connector (new) to the converter's input
I'm reading an S4 noise level.

Noise increases approximately by 3 S units just by attaching the bare N type
connector.

Of course it works, I can hear stations , but I suspect I may be loosing a
few S units because of some kind of parasitic oscilation....

I'm getting the same noise increase when I connect G3RUH patch feed to the
converter,
this I may be able to explain....the area is noisy, but I don't understand
why
I'm getting such a big noise increase just by attaching a bare N type
connector to the converter's input. And why is the noise increase the same
in both cases?

Thanks,
Gedas (kc8ium)