Re: Re: Yaesu FT-817

"Don DeJarnette" <ddej@gsa.state.al.us> said:
> I called Yaesu concerning satellite operation of the FT-817. They
connected me to a tech who claimed to be familiar with satellite operation.
He told me that the FT-817 was NOT capable of satellite operation. I
specifically asked him about full duplex operation, the ability to store
crossband frequency pairs (half duplex) and cross banding on dual VFO's. He
said NO to all three.

> Does anyone know a satellite operator at Yaesu who I can trust with these
questions?

A friend of mine (who has operated satellites, and understands the
requirements) has an 817 and he told me that it does NOT have crossband
capability.  I have not personally played with it however.  I can ask him
specific questions without any trouble.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org