Re: Re: Linux tracking software for Linux

Mike W4LNA <w4lna@knology.net> wrote about satellite
tracking programs:

>Most of the ones mentioned only work in Linux and not
>on other Unix-based operating systems which is a shame...

Any examples? All the programs I've played with
run just fine on any OS with a runtime environment
that vaguely resembles Unix (which is most of them).

If a particular program doesn't, this is why open
source is A Good Thing - if you wanted to build,
say, predict on AIX/Solaris/whatever, you have
everything you need to do so. If you do I hope you
will distribute the diffs so that others can too.

There is nothing Linux-specific in sattrack, and it
has been built on all sorts of systems - read the
release notes, and the comments in the makefile.
With the exception of the soundcard hooks, the
same goes for predict.

Grid: CN89lg                    pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.57 N 123 0.24 W        - Hospital/Shafte