Icom 756Pro Rx Ant Problem

I believe I've seen this discussed previously, but don't recall seeing a
resolution.

I'm having problems getting the IC-756Pro to process the signal from a 2
meter to 10 meter downconverter through the rear panel Rx Antenna
connection.  Yes, I'm aware of the 1R/2R switch on selecting the antenna.

When I connect the output of the downconverter to either antenna 1 or
antenna 2, the signal comes in fine.  When I use the Rx Ant connector and
select either 1R or 2R....nothing.  Any suggestions??

I'm using the downconverter for AO40...it's nice to use the DSP/filtering
options/bandscope in the 756Pro!

73,
Joe
WL7M