RE: "Trash Can" or steel drum dish antennas

Such a huge hog-horn coupled to a maser amplifier was used in France during
the sixties to perform the first USA/Europe TV direct-live satellite
transmissions.
The antenna and its radome are still there in Britanny (west part of France)
and have been converted into a telecommunications museum.

73 de Jean-Louis F6AGR