Re: OT: STS-108 scrubbed for 24 hours

> In case you were wondering the launch was scrubbed for 24 hours due to
> weather affecting both launch and RTLS. 5:19 tomorrow according to Nasa
> Select. I was set up to take pictures...hope I can be home early enough
> tomorrow to try again.
>
> Drew, KO4MA

There was also some concern about crosswind at the Landing Facility at
KSC, since STS cannot tolerate much crosswind -- apparently the wind at
the SLF was very nearly out of tolerance.

Personally, I hope they never have to try an RTLS, but if they do, I'd
think they want textbook perfect winds on the SLF runway after an
E-ticket ride like that .. it's hard enough to put the bird down on that
runway after a *normal* reentry, and after an RTLS it may not be in very
good shape ..