Marconi/OSCAR-1 PCsat special event Celebration!

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, JC Aveni [F8RCI] wrote:
> 40 years ago remember ... 1961 december 12, USA Vandenberg ... launched
> the  Discovery XXXVI with the first... radio amateur satellite OSCAR 1.

We hope to be at the St Johns, Newfoundland celebration of Marconi's 100th
anniversary transatlantic radio transmission on 12 Dec and OSCAR-1's 40th
by operating PCsat, ISS, UO14, and AO27 and maybe others.  PCsat is loaded
with a morse code "S S S S... " once every 3 minutes to commemorate the
first transmission.

We are mostly wanting to contact VIP stations in the UK (very brief joint
visibility) that maybe at other hi-visibilty Marconi sites that day.  We
are trying to get in touch with the Poldu ARC in Cornwall as well to see
if they will be on satellite.

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob