modifying AIDC converter

Bob Bruninga wrote:

Someone suggested adding a .5 Pf chip cap on the end of the AIDC-3731 "stub filter"  would not only get rid of the bad notch at 2400 but also improve SNR because it would move the notch down towards the image.
I find the surgery on that tiny stub quite intimidating.  I wonder if adding inductance on the input end of the stub would do the same?

Wayne replies:

I recommend buying the K5GNA ceramic filter and PCB to remove the image signal in the TSI AIDC downconverter.  The modification is easy, reliable, doesn't require test equipment, and results in much deeper image rejection.

Of course you also need to cut the stub to remove the notch on the desired signal.

Wayne Estes W9AE