Horizon LEO Link

Where I am, I not particularly interested in overhead LEO's... nothing
under them except Siberia! Bob and others point out all one needs is a
small beam with 10-15 degrees elevation. But has anyone done a "study" of
which (if any) linear polarization (horz., vert., or 45) is the best
compromize "on-the-horizon?" This would be useful because with the legal 5
watts max at UHF in Russia, a longer beam will be necessary. Or at this
point is it wise to go with circular (which) polarization?

73 - OJ ex-N5JXU, Irktusk