RE: @Home and AO-40

Robert, et. al.

As of 3:11PM PST ONLY AT&T customers (some 850,00) were "removed"
from the @Home network. Cox and Comcast customers are still alive.

I our local San Diego paper (today) the report was as you suggested,
AT&T was trying to effectively "steal" as in bilk the @Home shareholders
and bond holders out of millions of dollars.

AT&T, IMHO is no better than Carl Icann the famous corporate raider.

What I don't understand is why AT&T was so interested in buying @Home
when AT&T has their broadband network on the market.

The only people who really got screwed in this mess was AT&T broadband
users that run on @Home.

So here's an idea, cancel you AT&T long distance service, go to a competitor.
Just think what you could do to their bottom line if 1 million people did that
over night.

Mike (KF6MPI)